Monday, July 6, 2009

The BEST Cherry Pie EVER!


I came across an easy and absolutely divine recipe for Cherry Pie that I made yesterday for my Dad (whose favorite pie is cherry). It requires only a few ingredients and is pretty basic, yet it tastes as if you spent hours in the kitchen. So, here is is:

The Ingredients: 6 cups frozen tart or fresh cherries, 2 cups sugar, 6 tablespoons corn starch, 1/4 teaspoon almond extract and your favorite pie crust recipe (double batch for top and bottom).

Mix 2 cups of sugar with 6 tablespoons of corn starch in small bowl


Take the 6 cups of cherries and cook COVERED over low heat until cherries emit their juice. This may take up to 5 minutes


Add the sugar mixture and stir continuously while it thickens.


Once thickened, stir in Almond Extract and remove mixture from heat and allow to cool
Pour cooled mixture into pie dish that has one layer of pie crust placed in in. I used a heart shape cookie cutter to cut out heart shapes to place on the top of the pie as my final layer. I then sprinkled sugar on the top of the crust and placed in oven preheated to 375 degrees and baked for 50 minutes. I would recommend placing the pie on a cookie sheet covered in foil to prevent spills in the oven. I also like to cover the crusts with a layer of foil for the first half of baking to ensure that the crust does not get too brown. This pie is to die for and your friends and family will LOVE it!


Enjoy!!



2 comments:

Di Fitá said...

hummmmm deliciousssss

Beverly said...

Thanks MelMalard! It is so good you should try it!