INGREDIENTS-adapted from myrecipes.com:
I am seriously addicted to these cookies! Cool Mint Oreos ROCK!
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 (8oz) packages of cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract---I usually throw in a couple additional teaspoons because I LOVE vanilla!
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks-I use Nestle
- 1/2-3/4 cup coarsely crushed hard peppermint candies (about 24)-I found some pre crushed peppermint candy in a bottle at Marshalls. I have also seen this product at World Market
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels (I use Ghirardelli)
Combine cookie crumbs, melted butter and sugar and stir well. Press mixture on bottom and press up the sides of the pan about 3/4" and press bottom so crust is equally distributed. Place on wire rack with baking pan below for 14 minutes. Let cool.
Put a layer of wax paper under a wire rack and place the cheesecake on top of the rack. Pour the ganache mixture over the chilled cheesecake, starting in the center and allowing the ganache to spill over the edges.
Smooth the edges that did not get covered with an offset spatula. Allow a few minutes to set up.
Then, take candy cane sticks and place around the diameter of the cheesecake. I cut half of them down about 3/4" and alternated tall vs. short candy canes for a more stylized look. Sprinkle the remaining crushed peppermints on the top. Place back in fridge until chocolate has set up. When ready to serve allow to sit out at room temp for about 10 minutes.